Friday, June 20, 2008

Favorite {Photo} Friday! #2

Stella is still doing Favorite {Photo} Friday and so am I!



I've been missing Italy a lot lately... it comes and goes in phases. Sometimes I can just cry if I think about it too much, and othertimes I'm just fine. I've felt crappy this week because of a pinched nerve in my neck that's caused pain and tiredness and crankiness a bunch of stuff I don't want to bore you with, so I think that's contributed to the general melancholy. Which I intend to kick outta here today, thank you very much!

Living an hour north of Venice was a dream. I hopped on the train and went down there more times than I could count. I have, literally, thousands of photos of Venice. But I chose this one today because of the sense of looking into the scene but not being part of it. {Hello, Symbolism, how are you?} I love how the photo is framed with the arch and the scrollwork iron gate at the bottom. I love that you can see the Basilica and also the campanile (bell tower), and of course the pigeons. I love, mostly, how it makes me feel. And to me, that's what Favorite {Photo} Friday is all about! :)

****************************************

Went to the Chiro yesterday and he fixed me up, but I'm still having some residual muscle crankiness. So I'm going to take it slowly today and, you know, not try to leap tall buildings in a single bound. I'm jaunting out to the Great American Scrapbook Convention, which may or may not be great--I'll be the judge of that and I'll let you know! :) Leaving my credit card at home and am seeking only inspiration this go-round.

Went to a special party for "Bonus Card" Avon Walk ladies last night, which was great fun. The Avon staffers were great--hi ladies!--and I got rave reviews on my book. I won an hour massage and brought home a huge hunk of cheese (literally, Manchego--they divvied up the leftovers!), and if that wasn't enough I also met a couple of fellow crafters. My kind of party! :)

Tomorrow we're joining Andrea and Scott for a baseball game--sweet! Besides doing the Avon Walk together, Andrea and I (and our husbands, obv) were in Italy together... so I imagine there will be some reminiscing going on, too. All in all, it should be a super weekend!

Happy Friday, y'all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo! Thanks for playing along with me!

Anonymous said...

Cameron, again I will say:) you have a eye for the perfect photo. Beautiful beyond words. I hope you feel better girl. Pinched nerves are not fun business.

sharon said...

hi hi ..

Thanks for coming over to my blog and leaving a comment ..

I got those dressforms from a store called spotlight in Singapore which is like a Michaels in the states .. :) and I think Creative Imaginations also do have them .. :)

Sharon

Anonymous said...

did i ever mention i'm a chiropractor??? i'm glad you're getting some help with that.