Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Not Dead!

I was so sick for a while and then I just went so completely MIA that unless you've been reading my tweets, you probably think I'm dead. Luckily, I'm not! {Yay for me! And Jason's pretty happy about it, too.} But my internet connection is dead (as of last Friday). I hate Comcast! Four days and three+ hours on the phone later I have an "appointment" tomorrow for a technician to drop by "some time between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m." Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Comcast sucks *$#@+ {fill in expletive of your choice}. What other business could get away with this?

[Deep, cleansing breath.]

Now, if you disbelieve me that Comcast sucks, or if you just really need a good laugh and/or a good "stick it to the man" story, check out this story. Read the whole thing. Mona "The Hammer" Shaw is my hero. :) {Don't worry, Mom, my hammer will stay in the garage... at least until I'm 75 and can get away with it!}

Luckily I have an aunt and uncle who live not too terribly far away, so I drove over here today and let myself in so that I can download the handouts from my online classes and do a couple other molto importante internet tasks. I was even super smart and brought along a thumb drive with the photo and blog for Favorite {Photo} Friday!, so that is post-dated and up! :)

Now if I don't leave this very minute I will be stuck in the afternoon exodus from D.C. and it will take me 14 hours to drive 25 miles. Bye! And hope to see you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering what happened to you!!!