Monday, July 7, 2008

I Could've Done THAT

Catching up #4--Holy cow, this is a record or something!

My cool friend Lisa (see previous Dave Matthews Band post) gave me a starter for Amish Friendship Bread. So I made it on Saturday! It is more like a yummy doughnut in a loaf shape, coated in cinnamon and sugar.


After I took the two loaves out of the oven and let them cool, here is the conversation that happened in my kitchen:

Jason: What are you doing?

Cameron: Trying to figure out how to get this bread out of the pan...

J: Here, let me do it. [Grabs the pan and turns it upside-down onto the cooling rack.]

C: ...without getting cinnamon and sugar all over the clean counter and smashing the top of the bread into the cooling rack.

J: Oh.
After cleaning up the counter again I took this photo and mused that at least it had nice cutting guides now! :) And it still tasted yummy! Ha ha. :)

5 comments:

Sooz said...

love this story! love that "do it yourselfer/fixerupper" guy of yours! gotta love a handy man!

Anonymous said...

I thought that was the "design" on the bread.

Anonymous said...

you've heard of a handy-man? i like to call my husband handy-cap man.

Blessed! said...

Sometimes... just sometimes... David comes up with some really good scrapbooking ideas!

kellie said...

Ha, ha! J was just trying to solve your dilemma. Our husbands' problem solving tendencies can be helpful SOMETIMES ;-)