Friday, October 24, 2008

Favorite {Photo} Friday! #20

Duuuuuuuuuuuude. Dude. Where is the time going? Seriously. No, seriously, Dude. Where has the last week gone? It's suddenly Friday and I haven't posted my Dani recap or my birthday recap or any of the stuff I've been working on. The time is seriously flying, Dude.


In the midst of our running about last weekend--no, wait, it was two weekends ago! Holy crap where is the time going? [Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.] Anyway, in the midst of running to and fro with Dani and Marilena, Jason had the brilliant idea to sit our tired asses selves down and watch a 3-D Imax show at the National Museum of Natural History. It was super great to sit down cool to see the ocean in 3-D. [And don't ask me, I have no idea what Jason ate to make his tongue that color.]

I chose this photo today because:
1) It's a kill-two-birds shot since I'm including a picture from Daniele's visit. :)
2) It cracks me up. From Jason's double glasses to Dani's funny smile to the odd perspective due to my being smashed up against them in the waiting area and trying to lean back as far as possible to take the photo, it's funny funny funny.
3) Lately I have felt exactly like I did during this movie. "Wow! This is so cool! Everything is rushing at me, I want to reach out and touch it all!" And also slightly out of sorts and thrown off balance and the teensiest bit frantic. :P

****************************************

Tomorrow I am going to the Baltimore Women's Film Festival to see Who Does She Think She Is? and I'm bringing Jason with me so we can see some of Baltimore afterwards. I can't tell you how excited I am about this film. The trailer makes a very deep part of me well up and say YES! Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. This film looks amazing.



[This plays faster in high quality, which I can't embed. If it's taking forever to load and doing that annoying stopping-starting thing, either press pause and go do something else for a minute, or click here and then click on "watch in high quality" at the bottom left of the video.]

Today I am rushing off to another Donna Downey class--yippee! I'm super excited which is probably why I woke up at 5 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep, damnit but I will miss Deitra because we had so much fun together at Donna's classes last month!

Have a great weekend and create some beauty! And if you're playing along with Scrap Your Day, remember to take photos tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scrap your what? Crap. I'll be doing scrap your day, only over the course of three years and on random days. Hey, I'm participating! Love the pic -- can't wait to hear more about Dani's visit. Can't wait to hear more about the movie. Oh, and skip the National Aquarium -- course I haven't been in 10+ years, but I do believe it was that visit that made me come to the conclusion that anything you have to pay for in Washington DC is not worth it and anything that is free (Smithsonians) are pretty darn great. Course I have since done some pay things that have been worth it. (Spy museum...)

Have a good night!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! You don't know me, but I went to highschool with Jason, love Donna Downey, and am so jealous you get to go to her classes! I followed your link from Aaron's blog, which I followed from Chris Cherry's blog, which I came across in Facebook.

Anyway, I've been trying to be creative every day. I have 4 kids that I homeschool so I'm trying to be creative outside of that!

~Darlene (my last name was Branson when Jason knew me. I think we had a typing class together.)