Before I get to the list, here are a couple photos from the FDR Memorial, where we took my Dad on Saturday before we went to the airport. I love the FDR Memorial! It's not what you think of when you think of a normal memorial... it's set up as a series of rooms you walk through, each room representing one of his terms. There are sculptures in each room and FDR quotes engraved into the walls; it's very powerful, and all of the quotes are still applicable today.
And a cute little squirrel eating berries. :)
I'm thankful for/that:
- Neither Bush is president anymore.
- I don't get headaches every day (or even very often).
- I'm not really scared of bugs or spiders.
- There are a lot of people I can call on when I need to cry, complain, or rant. (I call different people depending on which it is and what it's about, lol!)
- Conversations that make me feel 10 times better and 100 times lighter than I did before.
- Soft places to fall.
- Our insurance's mail-order prescription company which is not only cheaper and easier than the local pharmacy, but they call to ask if I want to get my next shipment!
- Crushed ice.
- Honeycrisp apples.
- Not one but TWO planned outings with girlfriends this week!
- Love Actually, which is quite possibly my favorite movie of all time. Just thinking about it makes me smile.
- Making a joke that makes me laugh out loud and crack myself up! Even if I'm the only one laughing, LOL! :)
- Watching Ellen give money away.
- I don't have to worry about Jason getting deployed anymore.
- Jason and John went to the store for me when they got home and found out I had a headache so I hadn't gone yet.
- Muscle relaxers.
- Digital cameras.