My favorite photo, at the Oregon coast:
The back of this photo says 7A, and it took me a minute to recognize that this must be the number from the film negatives--remember those? LoL!
And the back of this one says 12A. I love the Olympia Beer shirt my dad's wearing!
Starting out a Fun Run:
Further along and still having fun, apparently!
Fishing, my dad's all-time favorite hobby. He fishes for steelhead and salmon and smokes it... it's the best smoked salmon you've ever had in your life anywhere in the world, I guarantee you. He even made some for my wedding!
And now, on to the gratitude!
I am thankful (for):
- My love of reading and love of letters and words, and that I'm a good speller! :)
- That I asked Nunzia, our neighbor in Italy, if she'd teach me how to make pasta. She did, and gave me cooking lessons in her kitchen every single week for months! I made completely-from-scratch lasagna tonight and it was soooooo good!
- People who are kind just because it is the right thing to do.
- That I'm learning more about myself and my limits and accepting and adapting to them.
- That gasoline here in America is less than $3 per gallon (in Italy it was $6-7 per gallon).
- My Epson printer/scanner; it makes me annoyed sometimes but it's pretty cool that I can just scan something in really quickly!
- Our health insurance, which covers most of my Chiropractor visits.
- A strong marriage going on ten years. We've been through a lot and have seen couples shatter at less.
- That I'm finally starting to be able to ask for help when I want/need it, even if it's "dumb" like tonight when I needed Jason to open a jar for me but he was on the phone. I really needed it opened right away so I asked him to put down the phone and open it. Previous versions of me would have waited until he was off the phone and been mad that I had to wait... STUPID.
- That I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, even if it is just a teensy tiny pinprick at the moment.
- My washer and dryer and that I don't have to hand-wash all our clothes. I mean, I really hate hand-washing things! Hooray for machines!
- That I'm from Oregon so while everyone else is getting totally depressed about all the rain I just put on my raincoat and go about my business, LoL!! :)
- My fuzzy flannel pink sock-monkey pajamas. Lori sent them to me and I'd totally love them anyway but knowing they're from her makes them that much better!
- Cheese. I know it might sound stupid, but man, I really love cheese! We had a Roquefort and Apple pizza today, and cheese really does make everything better. YUM.
- That I'm starting to learn my way around this crazy area that I live in, and I'm also learning how better to use the GPS to make it take me where I want to go the way I want to get there! :)
- Hilarious people on television who make me laugh out loud instead of just on the inside.
- Etsy orders, hooray!
- My awesome mailman Mike who is super sweet.
- Jason and my dad cleaning up after dinner so I could put on my pajamas and relax and finish The Lost Symbol!
- Fridays!! :)