Friday, March 16, 2012

Squinchy

You know that feeling when you're so filled with happiness and joy and gratitude that you feel like you might burst inside? And how when that feeling is a result of someone (rather than something), you just want to hug them so hard?

Well, I feel it for this one.


One day I was holding and looking at her and I just wanted to squish squeeze touch pinch every inch of her soft baby skin so much that I said, "I want to squinch you!"


She's been my Squinchy ever since. Jason laughs at me and thinks I'm crazy, but COME ON. That little belly? Those cheeks? The thigh rolls? These chubby baby feet?


Don't tell me that you don't just want to squinch them! They're positively squinchable! The very definition of squinchalisciousness! The word never existed until she came along because it belongs to her.


And don't get me started on her eyes. Oh, my heart. Perhaps not squinchable, but sooo dreamy, right?


I love you, Squinchy-Lu, Squincharoo, Squinchapotamus, Squinchy-Mae, Little Miss Squinchy.

******

My mom crocheted the hat and sweater when she was pregnant with me (before she knew I was a girl!). I hadn't taken any photos of Nora in them yet so I squeezed her into them one last time to take photos. Thanks for saving them all these years, Mom.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

It's taken me forever to finally come over here and say she is DARLING!!

Steph